Set your company’s innovation potential free
Why do companies need innovation?
Because the world is constantly changing. Globalization brought not only more knowledge but also global competition for corporates as well as digitalization, new disruptive technologies and new customer expectations.
Innovation is the key to stay on top of the game and facing the pressure. But almost every other German company struggles to be innovative. Reasons vary from structure to management to mindset and many more. “Never change a winning team” might be true. But corporate innovation does not change a team, it takes the team’s talent to a new level.
Why this is crucial
Keeping a company and its people innovative and head-to-head with the competition affects the chance for survival positively. Benefits are not only short-lived for individual projects, but increase economic success.
Innovation benefits for corporations
- Increase of productivity (OECD, 2015a)
- Creation of new business models
- Ability to attract and keep talent
- Increase efficiency
- Help penetrate new markets or target groups faster
In a nutshell: What is Innovation?
The origin of this word is Latin, including ‘novus’ for new. Cutting a possibly long philosophical discussion very short: Innovation is the planned renewal to optimize something existing or introducing something entirely new. That includes everything from an idea, to a method or product.
What is important to remember: Innovation does not need to come with the limelight. It is not measured in publicity but on the impact it has on the people involved. That’s why innovation is always worth the effort.
Why innovation does not come naturally
In contrast to startups (which have their own specific challenges), corporations often times have a tradition, many employees who count on their job, an established customer base, and investors with expectations.
To become innovative, companies need to break free from uncertainty of the success of new ideas and traditional ties but reality also requires them to keep business running and all involved parties satisfied. Innovation is not pivoting the business model of a whole company.
Balancing both sides is tough. Since there can’t be a one-size-fits-all solution, the greatest challenges lie in developing a clear strategy, building internal expertise, and establishing the right structures to successfully implement new ideas.
Here at German Entrepreneurship, we believe that innovation can grow in any company with any budget – there are endless possibilities to boost your innovation business. Thanks to many years of experience and over 500 successfully implemented projects, we help you set up internal innovation units, intrapreneurship programs or identify the right startup collaboration partners for your organization.
Together, we identify the right formats to bring new ideas, technologies, and young talent to your company. Tailored to your corporate’s need and budget, our team develops and implements a clear innovation strategy.
What We Offer
BUILD | Design & build acceleration programs
- Starting to foster innovation requires a clear strategy. The start is never easy, especially when building new innovation funnels into the current company structure and processes.
- But it is not only theory on paper: to get the program started, get employees interested, evaluate ideas and change the management of mindset, corporate politics and culture
- It is not just starting a program; it is getting employees interested, evaluating ideas and changing management on mindset, corporate politics and culture.
- Tap into our extensive innovation setup experience and network
- Together with you, our team of corporate innovation experts develop a long-term roadmap that matches the company’s business strategy and culture
- We help you reaching first milestones to demonstrate early benefits
NURTURE | Enable & empower employees
- Benefit from your greatest asset: your employees
- Encourage not only their technical expertise but also their entrepreneurial spirit to let their ideas drive innovation
- Adjust your company’s culture to make innovation possible
- Through our intrapreneurial leadership program, we select promising employees
- We coach them to develop an entrepreneurial mindset
- Together, we establish a ‘can-do’ culture that empowers innovators
OPEN INNOVATION | Collaborate to innovate
- Not all problems can be solved by your company. Profit of the power of teamwork: Many times, startups have the right approach, a new idea or a matching product
- Collaborate with local or international startups and let them catalyse your business growth
- Thanks to our global innovation ecosystem we help you pick and curate the right startups partner for your needs
- We get you in touch and provide a framework for successful collaboration
Discovery Interviews & Workshop
Conceptual Design & Individualization
Your Partner in Innovation around the World
Let’s get started together
Dr. Jan Alpmann
Head of Corporate Innovation