Master Accelerator is German Entrepreneurship’s program for early-stage startups and motivated founding teams. Thanks to 15 years of experience and a global network of mentors, experts and investors, you’ll build a solid foundation for your success at the German Entrepreneurship Center in Munich. Master Accelerator is not just a name – you’ll actually learn from real masters in the startup industry from the German Entrepreneurship alumni network such as Forto, Flixbus, Foodora, Kaia Health, and Sharecare. A master funds faster: We make you investor-ready!
The next batch of the Master Accelerator program will start in October 2023. Pre-register now for the next application phase.
In a Nutshell
Early–stage startups from all industries and sectors with a scalable business model and a strong pitch deck can apply.
For six months we provide you with individual support, coaching for maximum fundraising skills and connect you with our investor network. With our strong ecosystem, we offer ongoing support for another 18 months to help you grow.
Your startup office in the middle of Munich: Use our Co-Working Space at the German Entrepreneurship Center Munich full time free for six months and benefit from direct exchange with other participants, networking events and getting in touch with our experts at German Entrepreneurship.
Founder & Executive Director
“Coaching Unicorns – no easy task, but if your vision is to be one, then we and our team of Unicorn Founders are ready to coach. Keep in mind that 100 percent of all today’s Unicorns have one thing in common: They are all funded. Our coaching brings together 15 years of experience in coaching nearly 1,000 startup alumni, so we are ready – are you?”
What to expect from the Master Accelerator Program
- You benefit from our global startup ecosystem including 10 German unicorns (company valuation >1 billion euros) and our track record of over 850 supported startups in Germany and worldwide.
- Successful German founders of Foodora, Flixbus, and Forto will give you an insight into their company story in exclusive sessions, answer your questions and share their knowledge about founding, growth, and what really counts in the end.
- We find suitable mentors for you in terms of industry, sector, and business model from our pool of over 100 serial founders, investors, and industry experts who will support you for the entire programs duration.
- If required, supplement your progam with additional individual one-on-one expert coaching and find help on topics relevant to you, such as product management, sales, financial plan, communications, and leadership.
- Don’t panic in the shark tank: We make you investment-ready.
- 1:1 coachings on pitch deck, financial plan and dealing with investors ensure your startup the best conditions for successful investments and give you security and self-confidence.
- Practice makes perfect: Take advantage of our in-house pitch event Cashwalk and our investor network, among others:
Acton Capital, HTGF, COPARION, UVC, HV Capital, InnoEnergy, Bayern Kapital, APX, 7 Accelerator, Wessel Management
- All participating startups have free access to a modern startup co-working space at the German Entrepreneurship Center in Munich.
- Use the shared office space for the exchange with other founders and expand your network at events and after work activities.
- In addition to a height-adjustable table, you can also use our meeting rooms and telephone booths as well as kitchen facilities and terrace. Coffee and water are free of charge.
- In addition, you can also use the pool area and a roof terrace on the campus of “new balan” Munich.
- You automatically become part of a global innovation ecosystem and benefit from the German Entrepreneurship network.
- We connect you with potential pilot customers from the private and public sectors, suitable investors, or other startups from our 850+ global alumni pool.
- Even after Master Accelerator, we’re here for you. Learn more and find further support in many other of these equity free funding accelerators and startup offers:
- German Accelerator helps German startups expand internationally to Asia and the U.S.
- EU-India Innocenter helps European startups successfully gain a foothold in India.
- Scale-up.NRW supports high-growth startups from North Rhine-Westphalia in their further scaling and expansion into international markets.
- Cashwalk is an exclusive event format for startups and investors to establish partnerships and build successful relationships.
- Co-Founder Match offers the opportunity to pitch startup ideas, meet suitable co-founders, or find inspiration.
- Unsure which program is best for you? Our Market Advisory team is here to help!
- Pay if you play!
- We give our best to support you every step of the way. We believe in an equity free accelerator model to ensure a high quality and independent program. To be able to continue doing so for many more startups to come, we take a success fee with a fixed cap, should you fundraise within the period from program start and up to 18 months after the end of the program.
- More information in our FAQ.
“Especially in areas of fundraising and sales/partnerships, we have had great development. Not only through exciting coaching sessions with Andy Goldstein, among others, but also through the personal meetings with the other high-potential founder teams.”
Lucas Fuhrmann | Co-Founder LOVR
“Master Accelerator was the strongest program we have participated in so far. What was most impressive for us were the many inspiring people we were able to get to know so closely, unlike hardly anywhere else. The network is not only enormous but also very effective, as it is absolutely resilient and personal. Here, TOGETHER is written in capital letters.”
Maria-Liisa Bruckert | Co-Founderin SQIN
“Thanks to the large pool of mentors at Master Accelerator, we were able to find the right advisors for our startup. Through the regular exchange with our mentors, we were able to gain important insights into content as well as access to their network.”
Tim Haug | Co-Founder enna systems
“Through the organized events, we were able to build an important network, especially in the startup sector. In addition, during the six-month participation in Master Accelerator, we were able to improve our pitch in front of everyone and feel investor ready.”
Christian Laimer | Co-Founder Flinker
How does the program work?
The Master Accelerator program runs on a semi-annual basis. The batches (individual classes) start in April and October.
During the six-month program, your startup can use the co-working space in the German Entrepreneurship Center in Munich for free. Every Tuesday, the Founder Day takes place in Munich for all participants. Various sessions and events are organized for the current batch and the teams can exchange their experiences. In addition, there are digital offerings as well.
So whether from Berlin, Hamburg or another city – you’re not required to have a company headquarters in Munich to participate in the program.
What is the program structure?
- First 6 months Master Accelerator
Collaborative work, program days, startup exchange sessions moderated by Andy Goldstein, and fireside chats with top alumni take place at the German Entrepreneurship Center in Munich. Expert workshops, coaching and mentoring are offered virtually to find the right partner in our entire ecosystem. Regular check-ins with program team and participating startups ensure continuous progress and allow for customization as needed.
- Then 18 months of further assistance
After 6 months, the support in presence ends. But our assistance for you continues: Participants still have office access and can also book the conference rooms if needed. Furthermore, participating startups still benefit from contacts from our network to industry partners, investors and our experts for ad-hoc coaching on individual topics. Participants also still have access to networking and after-work events.
How does the application process work?
The application phase begins approximately three months before the respective program start. After the application deadline, a selection of the applicants will be invited to a virtual pitch round, in which they have the chance to present their startup in five minutes and then answer questions from a jury. Based on standardized evaluation criteria, 10-15 startups are then selected for the program.
Which documents are required for an application?
For the application, we ask for a meaningful pitch deck about the startup (max. 15-20 slides) and optionally a short pitch video (max. 3 minutes).
The following informations about your company should be included: problem, solution, business model, unique selling point, competitor, market, status quo, financial planning, and outlook. In addition, we would like to learn more about the team behind your startup and why your startup should be included in the Master Accelerator.
Tips on how to create a pitch deck can be found in our free Pitch Deck-Guide for startups.
If you additionally want to submit a pitch video, please include a link to YouTube, or a similar platform, and make sure the video is accessible for us.
From which industries are startups being included in the Master Accelerator program?
We do not have an industry focus. From AI to healthcare to tech – we support founders with scalable ideas from all industries.
What startup stages can apply for the program?
Our accelerator is aimed at early-stage startups with a team that has a clear idea of their scalable business model. It is not a must, but it is generally an advantage to present a prototype of your product or another form of early traction. A sophisticated business concept for the points mentioned above is sufficient for an application (see above: “Which documents are required for an application?”).
Is your startup already one step ahead and thinking about expansion or internationalization? Then take a look at our other startup programs for founders. Or contact our scouting team to find the best program for you.
What are the benefits of the Master Accelerator?
Over a period of six months you learn from the best: there are regular expert workshops on relevant startup topics, individual coaching, mentor matchmaking, and master classes by founders of well-known companies such as Flixbus and Forto. During the accelerator, our partners also help you on important topics such as legal forms, financing methods, taxes, and other hands-on knowledge. We also connect you with various investors and experts from Germany and around the world. At our demo day in Munich and other ecosystem events, you have the opportunity to present your startup to a wide audience.
Furthermore, in our Munich office on the “Campus of Ideas” in Balanstrasse, we offer all participating founders access to an appealing co-working space in an innovative environment. Alongside other startups, you will meet experts from German Entrepreneurship and be right in the middle instead of thereby.
In the following 18 Months, we continue to support you in topics such as fundraising, growth or sales. Depending on your needs, we arrange professional coaching, contact with investors or potential clients.
What is the program language of the Master Accelerator?
The Master Accelerator is essentially a German-language program, but some sessions are also held in English.
What does the Master Accelerator program cost?
Generally, no participation fee in the form of company equity is required for participation in the program.
We only expect a fee for our program and support to reimburse costs if your startup is successful in fundraising. On a pay-if-you-play basis, we charge a 3% commission on funding rounds successfully completed within the period from program start and up to 18 months after the end of the program. This success fee is only applied to the first 5 million. This means that if you succeed and collect more money, we will not charge any additional fee.
If contracts or LOIs with investors already exist prior to program start, individual arrangements are possible.
More Questions? Get In Touch!
Master Accelerator Team
Master Accelerator Team